Profile of the Programme:
Investment Firms located in Cyprus and abroad that provide investment and other ancillary services within Cyprus are expected to employ individuals who hold appropriate qualifications. This expectation has created a need for all such individuals to become holders of Professional Competence Certificates that reflect their ability to carry out such activities.
Cyprus Investment Firms (CIF) Certification Exams
The exams are being conducted electronically in Nicosia, every Tuesday on a weekly basis and the frequency of the exam dates will depend upon the number of persons interested in taking exams.
The object of these CIF certification exams is to ensure candidates can apply a level of knowledge and understanding appropriate for individuals engaged in the reception, transmission and execution of client orders within the scope of the services delivered by Investment Firms, and in the marketing of Collective Investment Schemes.
- An understanding of the Cypriot and European legal and regulatory framework and practice
- Equip participants with the necessary knowledge in the areas of Money Laundering, Risk Management and Economics
- Basic Financial Services Legal Framework Examination
- Advanced Financial Services Legal Framework Examination
Syllabus as issued by CySEC:
Mode of Study:
There are no requirements, all persons are eligible to obtain the certificates.
The CySEC examinations take place online on a weekly basis (every Tuesday & Thursday). Examinations are offered at each session at the same time, in both English and Greek. No examinations will be held on Public Holidays. The frequency of the examinations may be amended based on demand.
- €200 to take the Basic Examination
- €300 to take the Advanced Examination