This seminar will emphasize primarily on the new guidelines that are shaping the Blockchain Industry as well as practical use, cases of tokens and cryptocurrencies that will further improve the understanding on the new technology and its potentials. The main aim is to familiarize the participants with the new technology, the legal developments and guidelines issued by ESMA, EBA, OECD and EU National Competent Authorities regarding crypto assets.
By the end of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the main features and functionalities of the blockchain technology and of crypto-assets.
- Appreciate the risks, as well as the benefits and potential importance of crypto-assets to the wider economy.
- Understand the value and the impact of the use of crypto-assets as a means of crowdfunding investments.
- Comprehend the difference between cryptocurrencies and tokens.
- Define the existing regulatory dilemmas and inconsistencies, as well as the regulatory trends towards cryptocurrencies in both US and EU.
Service Providers (e.g. lawyers, accountants, auditors, tax planners and business consultants) wishing to be informed about the blockchain potentials and the regulatory changes and challenges associated with the use and trade of crypto and tokens.