Valuation is everywhere in the business and accounting fields, whether it relates to M & A, financial reporting, insolvency, taxation, or the assessment of going concern assumptions for audit reporting. By the end of this workshop participants will be in a position to:
1. Effectively challenge valuation exercises received by third-parties;
2. Run their own basic valuation exercises;
3. Better understand how everyday managerial decisions, affect corporate value;
4. Become better-rounded professionals and increase their personal value in a competitive job market.
The learning aims of this workshop, will be satisfied by enabling participants to:
1. Understand the differences between the various premises of value, how these affect the resulting value and know which one to follow in each case;
2. Understand the differences between the various valuation approaches and the methods into which these break down;
3. Know which valuation approaches are more suitable to use in each case and how to apply them.
This workshop has been specifically developed with the average finance professional in mind: Whether you are CFO, a financial controller, a public accountant, a corporate banker, or have any other active role in the preparation, analysis and/or presentation of financial statements and/or new investment decisions, this workshop will provide you with valuable, actionable insights to use in your day-to-day work.