The new General Data Protection Regulation EU2016/679 (EU GDPR) came into force in May 2018. Not many pieces of legislation have created such big ripples within so many business sectors as GDPR. Ever since the Regulation came into force, organisations have been struggling to understand how the requirements will be integrated into their specific business environment. GDPR compliance is a moving target and a long-term journey or process. The aim of this training seminar is to provide for organisations a pragmatic and effective roadmap on how GDPR can be integrated into their ‘business as usual’ environment and how to establish a sustainable compliance context.
The training seminar goes beyond explaining the legal requirements of EU GDPR. It is designed for business leaders who wish to optimise their efforts to integrate GDPR requirements into a sustainable GDPR compliance framework. It will expand on how to establish effective mechanisms which are required to cope with the many GDPR implementation challenges and drive strategic and operational benefits. Through actual case studies, real practice applications and lessons learned, the participants, upon completion of the training, will be expected to:
- Learn how to translate legal requirements of GDPR into actual business imperatives in order build the level of trust with your stakeholders with respect to personal data protection and privacy and turn GDPR from a showstopper into a business enabler
- Learn from the evolving data privacy industry, the challenges faced by similar organisations, and how they cope with privacy issues
- Discern the basic components of an effective privacy management framework (policies, procedures, assessments and other technical and organisational mechanisms) which enable your organisation to demonstrate compliance and manage privacy in a systematic way
- Understand the risk -based approach promoted by the regulation (DPIA) and be in a position to develop an effective response to data risk and especially data breaches
- Cultivate a privacy culture and accept the notion “the individual is in control of personal data”
- Appreciate the significance of personal data protection in the “Digital Age” and how your relationships with customers and other stakeholders will transform through GDPR.
This seminar is addressed to Chief Executive Officers, Directors, or business managers who are involved in compliance projects or want to gain understanding and knowledge how the new regulation will impact their organisation. Legal Counsels, Data Protection Officers (DPOs), Information security managers, Chief Technology Officers, Risk and Compliance Officers, Project managers, Marketing, Sales, Human Resources, Finance and individuals from the broader civil society who are looking to develop further knowledge and be involved in data protection industry.