This seminar will set out the requirements of IAS16 and IAS38 and enable you to:
- Understand the standard in detail and its relevant practical implications
- Be updated on recent changes and developments and
- Apply the relevant requirements in practice.
More specifically the seminar will address the following topics:
IAS 16 – Property, Plant & Equipment:
- Definition of the initial cost of a non-current asset (including a self-constructed asset) and its application to various examples of expenditure, distinguishing between capital and revenue items.
- Description and identification of subsequent expenditures that should be capitalized.
- State and appraise the effects of the IASB’s rules for the revaluation of property, plant and equipment.
- Account for gains and losses on the disposal of property, plant and equipment.
- Calculation of depreciation on: 1. revalued assets, and 2. assets that have two or more major items or significant components
IAS 38 – Intangible Assets:
- Discuss the accounting treatments of both internally generated and purchased intangibles
- Define the criteria for the initial recognition and measurement of intangible assets
- Explain the subsequent accounting treatment of recognised intangibles.
- Describe and apply the requirements of IFRSs to internally generated assets other than goodwill (e.g. research and development).
All professionals seeking to obtain in depth understanding of the accounting standards whether working in the profession or the industry.
To register for this seminar, please click here.
Registration can also be done through our online store.
For further information please contact us.